Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rae Dale











1. What's this illustration for?

A picture book about tap dancing and life's unexpected sting.

2 .Do you have to wait for a flash of inspiration-how do you start?

No need to wait the words always get me going and if some thing
needs reference even more fun.

3. How did you get your start as an illustrator?

I have always been a drawer and I went to Swinburne art school
some how things continued on from there.

4. Who or what has influenced your work?

I am not sure who has but I appreciate lots of illustrators and
artists work past and present.

5. What is your favourite media for creating pictures ?

Dip pen and ink , gouache on Arches HP.

6. Do you experience illustrator's block- if so what do you do about it?

No.

7. What's the worst thing about being a freelancer?

Irregular payments and no work.

8. And the best?

The work is always interesting.

9. What are you working on at the moment?

A picture book I have written.

10. Where can we see more of your work?

On the Australian Society of Authors style file www.asauthors.org and at www.illustratorsaustralia.com and maybe your local/school library.

No comments: