- What's this illustration for?
The illustration is for the cover art of Oliver's Egg.
- Do you have to wait for a flash of inspiration - how do you start?
Inspiration always starts with the word pictures in the text.
- How did you get your start as an illustrator?
A friend who was a year ahead of me at art school took my folio around to various advertising agencies & after a 4 yr course at RMIT found myself walking straight into employment in one of the said agencies!
- Who or what has influenced your work?
The fashion illustrators of the day in London and New York.
- What's your favourite media for creating pictures?
Mixed media for my book illustrations.
- Do you experience illustrator's block - if so, what do you do about it?
That is rare thank goodness, but I usually down pencils and go off and do something' totally else ' or get the vacuum cleaner out!
- What's the worst thing about being a freelancer?
Constantly being aware of income.
- And the best?
To sit at my drawing board 'colouring in ' and listening to audio books, nothing is more wonderful!
- What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on a portrait commission [which I do quite a bit of]
- Where can we see more of your work?
In libraries and on ASA Style File at the moment.