Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hung Lin














What's this illustration for?

This illustration was done as an experiment for a film concept. The image was inspired from my daily walking in Hobart, Tasmania. I am trying to illustrate an outsider living in a world where he is often walking different paths than most people.



Do you have to wait for a flash of inspiration - how do you start?

No, inspiration is everywhere, every single moment. I often need to write these inspirations down in my note book. Sometimes I will take photos just to capture the moment of what I'm thinking, to use as reference for my art.



How did you get your start as an illustrator?

I am still trying to poke around in my head and find myself as an illustrator
I started out doing small characters as an experiment for my assignment at Tafe, and I would often write poems to accompany the images. Often I've illustrated for my own personal expression, to keep myself mentally balanced.



Who or what has influenced your work?

That's a hard question to answer, because there are many artists out there that influence me, but I find most of time, life itself influences me a lot, my past, my family, people's stories, cultures, landscapes and issues.



What's your favourite media for creating pictures?

Ink sketches, and acrylic paints. I still love the smell and touch of inks, although I create a lot of digital illustration now days.



Do you experience illustrator's block - if so, what do you do about it?

Of course, I get scared because it would be like losing one of my life supports. I stop thinking about it and just watch animated films and listen to music for awhile. Then an idea comes along and that's when I know my urge to create has returned.



What's the worst thing about being a freelancer?

Continuing to search for the next payment.



And the best?

The freedom of doing your own projects when you like.



What are you working on at the moment?

I am currently working on my own animation film which is yet to be titled, and also writing a children's novel.



Where can we see more of your work?

http://animatedlstuff.blogspot.com/

No comments: