Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pablo Olivero











What's this illustration for?

It´s for myself. I like the idea of mixing characters from different stories and make my own stories. This illustration is an example of that.


Do you have to wait for a flash of inspiration - how do you start?

I don´t wait for inspiration, because it comes at inappropriate moments. But sometimes we bump and work together. When she wants.


How did you get your start as an illustrator?

I don´t remember when I started drawing, when I was little I used to do it. Time passed and I started to do it more frequently and seriously, until my hobbie became my job and my way of life.


Who or what has influenced your work?

Many artists have influenced my work and my development as an illustrator. But definitely my favourites ones are Quino, Uderzo and Fontanarrosa.


What's your favourite media for creating pictures?

In the past I used to paint with watercolours, but today I work digitally with Photoshop with a rough or sketch made on paper.


Do you experience illustrator's block - if so, what do you do about it?

Of course I do. If I´m not in a hurry, I go to the cinema or any other distraction. But if I am near a deadline, I work hard no matter what with God´s help.


What's the worst thing about being a freelancer?

Definitely the freedom.


And the best?

Definitely the freedom.


What are you working on at the moment?

I´m working on the illustrations of a story of R. L. Stevenson, called "The Bottle Imp", for Estación Mandioca de Ediciones, Argentina.


Where can we see more of your work?

You can visit my blog at www.elmundodeoli.blogspot.com

No comments: