Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vincent Agostino PIO issue 277 Feb 2010



What's this illustration for?
This Illustration is for a children's picture book about a child who receives a cochlear implant and adjusts to her new world of sound "my silent world" written by Nette Hilton.

Do you have to wait for a flash of inspiration —how do you start?

Once I start to research a project, my mind opens to many ideas, which come easily. The hard part is filtering the information to the best and simplest idea.

How did you get your start as an illustrator?

At my graduation Exhibition, was approached by the publisher at Lothian books Helen Chamberlin to show my folio.

Who or what has influenced your work?

Many things from designer's, Illustrators, artists, films, nature, literature to music, basically everything in life

What's your favourite media for creating pictures?

It varies on the job, but Acrylic's and digital, seams to cover most. To get the effect I want, so far.

Do you experience illustrator's block - if so, what do you do about it?

Yes,! I usually work on something else, go shopping, and read books. It usually never lasts longer than a few hours.

What's the worst thing about being a freelancer?

Finding the time to self promote, and having a second job.

And the best?

To pick and choose, what you love doing.

What are you working on at the moment?

A new children's picture book.

Where can we see more of your work?
       
 www.regalcolor.com , has some of my work online.







No comments: